Strange incident with cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
I was driving towards the town centre,and there is a bus lane next to the normal lane all the way to the roundabout,at the end.Anyway i was following an obviously good cyclist down the normal road leading to the two lanes,and as we approached the start of the bus lane,he did what i would expect,he moved into primary in the bus lane,now at this time we were doing about 25 mph,so i decided i would overtake in the normal lane,so i accelerated to 30 expecting to pass him,when all of a sudden ,he put the power on and shot off,then pulled in front of me and joined the normal lane,now he must have sped up to about 35,as he took off in front,i was well impressed,but the strange thing is,when we neared the roundabout,he went back into the bus lane,and turned left.I just thought ,he must have wanted a race :biggrin:I just didnt understand what he had done?There was no problem ,i was actually enjoying watching him fly,but was a little puzzled at the end?

sloe

He was pretending you were an enemy peloton?

Maybe he was under the impression that you were going to overtake him no matter what, and leave him no room into the bargain?
I know what you mean about enjoying watching him though. I followed a time trial through Stirling once when I was driving the truck. I followed one of the competitors into a roundabout and was impressed by how fast he went through it, but his acceleration on the other side was stunning. It took me a good two hundred yards to catch and pass him (safely, I might add!).

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Rhythm Thief said:
Maybe he was under the impression that you were going to overtake him no matter what, and leave him no room into the bargain?
I know what you mean about enjoying watching him though. I followed a time trial through Stirling once when I was driving the truck. I followed one of the competitors into a roundabout and was impressed by how fast he went through it, but his acceleration on the other side was stunning. It took me a good two hundred yards to catch and pass him (safely, I might add!).

i bet he enjoyed the draught as you did so too!

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:

Possibly,but he had the whole bus lane to himself,and was turning left at its end anyway?
Im glad you added safely there,could have been ripped to shreds by some pphew,close one:biggrin:

Top Bottom