Strange innit...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I do like the fact that 'Sheriff Colin Miller also placed Stewart on the Sex Offenders Register for three years.' Presumably as a warning to other bicycles...

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Yeah, but what happened to the bicycle - did it get taken into care ! counselling and the likes...

Mr Pig

I remember thinking at the time that it was a very sad story.

The guy was in his own room with the door locked. He was doing no harm to anyone.

Did the cleaners knock four times? Or did they knock once and open the door almost immediately? I know what I'm more inclined to believe. And even if they did knock four times, is it his fault he didn't hear them? Maybe he's a bit deaf because I'm quite sure he would rather not have been found as he was.

So these cleaners felt that this was such a serious matter that they had to report it to the police? Would you have done that? And he's found guilty of a crime! Indecency? Masturbating in his own room with the door locked!

This is one person after another picking on an old man because they can. Because they find him grubby and distasteful and he's in no position to defend himself.

If your a rich old man like Max Mosley you can do what you like behind closed doors, but if you're a vulnerable lonely old man you'd better watch out. The less you have the more they'll take, until you don't even have the right to privacy any more. The people responsible for systematically destroying this man's dignity should be ashamed of themselves.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Fully agree with you Mr Pig. After watching Yenners' second link, I was about to ask what exactly the police do chase up these days as they seem to be reluctant to answer any reasonable call for assistance if the media is to be believed. However it seems they are all too quick to bring the full weight of the law down on someone not hurting anyone else other than cleaners who walked in on the unfortunate man.

Is it any wonder the police resources are so stretched?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Regarding the second link posted by yenners, I worked as a Park Ranger many years ago and "Cottaging" was a major problem in certain places. We always apprehended and detained till police arrived, they always arrested and charged and a prosecution followed.

I cannot understand the apparant change of attitude. We get hysterical if anyone with a camera goes near a child, yet don't seem to mind the fact that five year old johhny can walk into a public toilet and find two men having sex up against the wall. (No, they didn't always go in a cubicle).

Top Bottom