Strange.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
A couple of weeks ago .I watched a prog on The Alamo ,Crockett, Bowie and Travis.
Davy Crockett King of the wild frontier and all that from my childhood.

Well couple of weeks ago i asked my eldest if she could change my ringtone for me.

I have a fav song on one cd.Dame Vera Lynn -We'll meet again.
She did it.

She also showed me You Tube .Where i have now got a favourites page of Videos.Pop songs of my youff.

But i found VERA LYNN and added that .I them wrote a comment that i thought i must be the only bloke in GB that has VL as his ringtone.

Well damn me a bloke from Texas sent me an e-mail.Telling me he was going to do the same.

73 years old.Anyway we have sent two messages to each other .And he lives in San Antonio and has connections with The Alamo,weird or what.After watching the tv documentary.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Ah!- the laws appertaining to the six degrees of separation rear themselves up again.

stoptherock

Two months ago I was browsing in a bookshop in Krakow.

I found a copy of Spenser's Faerie Queen in English, dated 1912.

I opened the cover and the pencil dedication was a name and address.

The address was a hundred yards from my house in London.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Last Sunday I turned up at the European Bike Express pick up point to be greeted with: "Weren't you at Montpellier two years ago" from a couple of cyclists who were also waiting for the coach. They were right.

When the coach turned up and I was getting on, I heard a voice from the upper deck saying '"Why have you let Vernon on the coach?" which was from a chap that I met at Orange two years ago.

I sat next to a chap in his seventies and during the course of our conversation we discovered that we were were raised three streets apart in Darlington. I didn't know him though as he was 20+ years older than me and had moved on by the time I was born.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I once met a guy on holiday in Ibiza and we became good mates, that Christmas I went to Austria and on my last night met this lovely girl, we parted and didnt exchange numbers. The next week I drove the 300 miles to go to the guy I had met in Ibiza's birthday party in a Hotel in Manchester, and the Girl from Austria walked in... she was his cousin and also had a room at the hotel booked.... happy days!

A good few years ago we were walking along the cliffs in Dorset when we met one of the Rangers. We got chatting and it turns out that he was from NZ. My dad used to work for a shipping company based in NZ and used to spend a lot of time there before he married so he asked where he came from in NZ. When dad was in NZ he used to lodge with a family, at the time this Ranger was the noisy kid that lived next door.

lazyfatgit

I met some people who emigrated to Canada 30 yrs ago at the station when a train was delayed. I didn't rember them, but one of their children was in school with me, and the woman with them had a link to my current house!

Top Bottom