Strathpuffer 24

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bauldbairn

Don't know if anyone has posted this already - my apology's if they have.

Hopefully this will be a link to "The Adventure Show" i-player on BBC2 Scotland it was on TV tonight at 7.00pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00r9xdc

I'm not a mountainbiker but thought you'd enjoy this. Aparantly MTBers travel to Scotland from all over the world to compete in this event in Inverness. It's supposed to be one of the 10 most difficult races(?) in the world.

All the best.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Thanks for the link, a couple of friends were competing this year, I'll have to see if they've got themsleves on TV.

OP
OP
bauldbairn

bauldbairn

GilesM said:
Thanks for the link, a couple of friends were competing this year, I'll have to see if they've got themsleves on TV.

No problem - there seemed to be cyclists of all ages taking part and enjoying themselves.:wacko:

satans budgie said:
Saw this last night. Respect to all that took part.

+1, the conditions were atrocious. The presenter(Dougie Vipond) had quite a bad accident and had to retire with concussion.

ACS

Legendary Member
bauldbairn said:
No problem - there seemed to be cyclists of all ages taking part and enjoying themselves.:laugh:

+1, the conditions were atrocious. The presenter(Dougie Vipond) had quite a bad accident and had to retire with concussion.

And he was wearing a helmet.........OH no not *THAT* debate again :wacko:

I'll get my coat...........

OP
OP
bauldbairn

bauldbairn

satans budgie said:
And he was wearing a helmet.........OH no not *THAT* debate again :sad:

Interesting though SB from the point of view that - I believe the fact that Road Racer "Jason MacIntyre" wasn't wearing a helmet when he died after colliding with a van, was used in the defence of the driver of the van. :sad: - :ohmy:

See my Jason MacIntyre thread link on the Fatal Accident Inquiry in Cafe' - it's not the law but it can be used against us. I wear a helmet but it's personal choice.

OP
OP
bauldbairn

bauldbairn

Matty said:
Didn't look like a particularly easy race! Too much pushing bike involved, yuk!

As I said, I don't do any MTBing - surely it all can't be like that?:biggrin:

I take my hat off to anybody who competes regularilly. :sad: - :ohmy: - :sad:

The 'puffer is an absolute monster. There's also a summer version this year - and there are no guarantees that it will be any more manageable than the winter one!

I considered doing it with a full on winnebago and nothing less.

I didn't do it...

Top Bottom