Stratton Update.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PHL67

Veteran
IMG_2732.JPG
IMG_1598.JPG
Just thought I would post a couple of pictures of my Reynolds 653 Stratton road bike I purchased about 15 months ago as a frame with a couple of bits on it. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
Just needs a new chain, gear cables and setting up. I have been building this in between other projects I have been doing.
Frame was built by Chas Roberts for Strattons in West London about 30 yrs ago. It has distinctive 3 digit number on Cinelli bottom bracket and on fork steerer.
Definitely a keeper for my collection.

Before I started and then where it is up to now.

Apologies picture in other way round.

Many thanks.

Paul.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I wish I could 'Like' that more than once. What tyres are those?

Davidjp

View attachment 386658 View attachment 386657 Just thought I would post a couple of pictures of my Reynolds 653 Stratton road bike I purchased about 15 months ago as a frame with a couple of bits on it. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
Just needs a new chain, gear cables and setting up. I have been building this in between other projects I have been doing.
Frame was built by Chas Roberts for Strattons in West London about 30 yrs ago. It has distinctive 3 digit number on Cinelli bottom bracket and on fork steerer.
Definitely a keeper for my collection.

Before I started and then where it is up to now.

Apologies picture in other way round.

Many thanks.

Paul.
Hi there. Nice to see a Stratton bike . Could I ask where you got your frame re-sprayed from . I’m after some Stratton decals myself. I actually worked for Stratton Cycles start of 83 and til the end 86. I do remember me fitted headset to a white Stratton frame back then. My is David Parsons.

OP
OP
PHL67

PHL67

Veteran
Hi there. Nice to see a Stratton bike . Could I ask where you got your frame re-sprayed from . I’m after some Stratton decals myself. I actually worked for Stratton Cycles start of 83 and til the end 86. I do remember me fitted headset to a white Stratton frame back then. My is David Parsons.
Hi David,
Frame was refurbished in Leeds by Bob Jacksons.
They got the Decals done by a company in Bury.
I now get my frames done by a friend of mine in Chelmsford.
H Lloyds does good Decals and makes them up if you supply pictures and measurements.
I have not seen another one. I keep looking.
This is Reynolds 653 tubing.
I think this frame is circa 1987.
Many thanks.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I have a pair of these tyres but I'm unsure which way round they go! Does the 'V' shape on the treads point towards the front of the bike, or towards the back?

Top Bottom