Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
I'm very seriously considering using Strava in the New Year and was just wondering if anybody uses the premium version and if so what benefits are there over the free version? ^_^

potsy

Rambler
More stats, and recently the ability to download a gpx of other peoples rides are 2 of the things.
Not got Premium myself as I don't think there's enough there to warrant paying for it when the free version does for my needs :smile:

Hip Priest

Veteran
I use it for fun mainly. If I was a serious cyclist and wanted to use it as a proper training tool, then I'd use premium.

simmi

Über Member
I love Strava:wub: , but be warned it can become very addictive, you find yourself cycling faster:heat: than you intended on stretches that you know are strava segments so that you can beat your previous pb.

I also log my rides/runs on garmin connect and use it to set goals.

Lots of you I see use mycyclinglog.com I am not sure what it offers that is different to strava or garmin connect so will look it up in the new year.

nathanicola

You don't need premium to dowload other peoples rides or segments, you just need Strava export v2.0. Then you know exactly where they start and finish.:thumbsup:

paul04

Über Member
Like everyone else, I use the free version, and like simmi said " it can become very addictive"

Completely agree with all of the above but was then just thinking..what would make the upgrade worthwhile??? Anyone got any ideas??? (I don't work for Strava btw!)