Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Free version is fine, I use Endomondo for stat geekery anyway.

That being said using www.veloviewer.com allows you to paw through stats to the Nth degree.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
The premium includes much better HR and 'estimated' power stats. Also if you use a power meter premium now includes a lot of training peaks style analysis.

I use premium and love it, but start out on free and see how you go, not everyone's a numbers geek. Personally I find the HR data very useful for gauging recovery success and over all loading.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
The premium includes much better HR and 'estimated' power stats. Also if you use a power meter premium now includes a lot of training peaks style analysis.

I use premium and love it, but start out on free and see how you go, not everyone's a numbers geek. Personally I find the HR data very useful for gauging recovery success and over all loading.

Good point, if I had a heart rate / cadence monitor I would probably pay for premium.

Stravasshole : an individual Strava-ing at the expense of common courtesy.

I would like to add my own new word to this one, STRAVAMORON

In my book the following would definitely be classified as STRAVAMORONS

People with segments so fast that they were obviously in a car

People that have managed to alter the elevatiion to give a category 3 hill on a flat bit of road http://app.strava.com/segments/2450495 (16.8mph up a category 3 hill, god i'm good!!)

and lastly people that create segments that even Harry Potter on his broom would be unable to ride.

I am sure there are others but these should be the first to be taken outside and shot, or am I overeacting?
I dont know about flying, you need a sub on that one, I have couple of cat 4's, and I had to flag a ride of mine @ 38mph, I dont think I have hit that in 5 months.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Anyone know how to amend a gpx file? I got the file off my satmap and imported into Strava okay, but it says I did 14 miles (not 11) and it took me 1 hour 25 minutes (actually took 42minutes) The route imports fine into memory map, but it looks like the GPS played up right at the end of the ride as the data goes all over the place. Strava did say I got a 6th place on a segment though.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Found a gpx editor and the file had loads of erroneous tracks in it, deleted them and data looks correct, though the time is still slightly out, but never mind.