Streatham to Westminister

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rancid

Any one run this route ?
If so what is it like and how long does it take.

I'm not sure if I'm at all keen fighting nutters on the A23.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
dellzeqq's yer man!

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Hmm, I do West Norwood - Brick Lane, which is half of Steatham - Westminster. I also used to commute West Norwood - Marylebone, which is probably even closer to what you want.

I would be tempted to go down Brixton Hill (in the bus lane - obvs), past Stockwell, Up Vauxhall and tehn down Albert embankment. The only problem I ever have is coming back up Brixton Hill of an evening as this is apparently where all teh angry morons congregate. The rest is fine. This'd take about 30 - 45 mins, I reckon.

If you fancy a bit of a longer ride, a much nicer ride is to go down the back roads to Clapham, then from there down the back roads to Battersea, over Chelsea bridge and down embankment to Westminster. Always fond of that route. This one'd probs be round an hour - an hour fifteen.

thefollen

Veteran
I'm in Balham/Tooting Bec Common which kinda runs parallel to Streatham. A23 does look your most direct route, although if you wanted you can hang a left off the Streath High Road onto Poynders Road which'll take you to Clapham Common, then you can do the Rookery/Silverthorne/Queenstown/Chelsea Bridge shuffle. Also this way you'll hit Grosvenor Road/Millbank along the embankment which is great for some cheeky SCR ;-)

Top Bottom