Strewth it is chilly out there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

I habitually sleep with my window open, and as the loved one wasn't staying over last night, I cranked it open a bit more than usual... Well, I woke up at 4am with ice on the inside of the windows and freeeeeeeeeeeeezing cold!!! I crawled out of bed, stuck my wooly hat on, and went back to sleep toasty and warm until I had to get up.

Might not open the window quite so wide tonight ;)

We normally sleep with the window 'on the catch' and this morning was the first time I've seen ice inside for many years.

So cold I even left the car hood up on the way to work. This was as much to stop the plastic rear screen cracking as to keep me warm. I'll try to remember to put the hood down when it defrosts and leave it down overnight ready for tomorrow morning. Should be OK left out with just a tonneau pulled over.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Cold. Not obviously icy on my commute but took it easy on the bends anyway. Few frozen puddles in the gutter.

Had a bit of trouble getting the lock off the shed door.

Beats rain.

I'm looking forward to tonight's club ride (on the MTBs, although there's bound to be some nutters on the road bikes), quick dash across the Forest to the Royal Oak, then drag ourselves away back to base for food.
Nice and clear and dry - just need to get something windproof on, and keep moving, it's great.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Had a lovely ride home this morning, the temperature was showing -2, but I was in the zone and got home 8 minutes quicker than average.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I braved the cold and went out. It was cold, but when i started going it was good. Today was one of the days i didnt roll my sleeves up on my Altura coat, and had to zip it up more to keep me warm.
Didnt see any ice, but when i put the bike away i could feel the grass was forzen slightly

Top Bottom