Strida bikes – practical option or just for posing??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CorsairC

Über Member
I have an early 6 speed Dahon. Its not as compact as the Brompton, but it folds quicker, and it folds small enough for the train I use.

My journey is so short that I prefer not to fold unless I have to. But that depends on the type of train that turns up. Sometimes its an intercity train, and sometimes its urban style train. On one I always have to fold, the other I don't. Also it depends if the train is busy or not. If its not busy I don't if it is I always have to. While I have to carry the bike very little, its still heavy enough, and my back isn't the greatest. I'd prefer to be able to roll the bike when folded. Also when the train is packed, standing room only. Having a folded bike that only knee height is a bit of a trip hazard.

For this reason I've been considering a strida. Its really designed for folding fast, short commute, and the vertical fold suits better when you are standing on the train. My other alternative is a Speed Uno. Which would be lighter than what I have, other wise the same.

Top Bottom