Strida bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
What are the problems with them? I gather they are difficult to cycle. Are they robust?
I once bought a mini-fold-up. I could hardly cycle it around the block. My forearms ached. Even worse, something fell off it on the very first ride. It was not very expensive.
I am considering a Strida because it folds very easily, and I only want it for occasional use. Bromptons are quite expensive, so I am not sure I want to get another this time.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
They are quite quirky, fold up long and thin I think. A former work colleague had one to do the London end of her commute, I never rode it but she had no complaints.

Don't expect it to ride like road bike (or a Brompton) and they certainly used to be just a single gear belt drive IIRC, but those aren't problems, just features.

PaulM

Guru
I had the Mk III with drum brakes and belt drive. I wasn't confident taking a hand off to signal. I find a Brompton twitchy too but the Strida was worse.

ExBrit

Über Member
I assume you have to sign a waiver before you're allowed to buy one. The home page video only shows the fold. I see no video of it being ridden. I reckon the model declined the hazard pay for making a riding video.

ExBrit

Über Member
What are the problems with them? I gather they are difficult to cycle. Are they robust?
I once bought a mini-fold-up. I could hardly cycle it around the block. My forearms ached. Even worse, something fell off it on the very first ride. It was not very expensive.
I am considering a Strida because it folds very easily, and I only want it for occasional use. Bromptons are quite expensive, so I am not sure I want to get another this time.
You might want to consider a Zizzo. They're reasonably priced, review well, and are available on Amazon. I don't own one but I've been thinking about getting one for my son-in-law.

Top Bottom