Strida

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Does anyone have a Strida? What are they like? They look rather flexy and uncomfortable; are they alright? Can you put them on the overhead rack in a train carriage?

tyred

Legendary Member
I don't have one but know someone who does and have ridden it. They are not uncomfortable, just don't expect to go very fast. Steering is really positive and takes practice to ride it in a straight line. Very interesting piece of design.

raindog

er.....
I love the design and I'd love to have a go on one, but I can imagine them being a bit tricky to ride after a conventional bike.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I am intrigued by the design, but I don't like the history much. Designed by British designer back in the 80s. Since then, production and brand rights have moved between various companies and countries, and now they both reside in Taiwan. Compare and contrast with Brompton.

I have two Strida Mk1s, and theyare a fun ride, but restricted to rider.

The design is clever and folds quickly, however for taller riders the height of the seat foreshortens the seat to bar distance to become very tight.

Also with a single gear it is restricted and "honking" tends to cause the belt to slip.

Finally if you get the fold wrong and drop the plastic chainwheel on to the ground it will shatter.(This may be better in later models)

If you want a fun and novel bike for short rides on flat ground then it is ideal, but anything more than that, or for a tall rider I would have second thoughts.

Top Bottom