stronglight dural chainrings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer

Be advised that with the big rings, one side is slightly bevelled, the other is flat. The bevelled side goes on the side towards the small ring with the flat side on the outside. If you get this wrong then the big ring can lift the chain off of the smaller ring as it is a tad too close.
Guess how I know this. :blush:

OP
OP
busdennis

busdennis

Veteran
Be advised that with the big rings, one side is slightly bevelled, the other is flat. The bevelled side goes on the side towards the small ring with the flat side on the outside. If you get this wrong then the big ring can lift the chain off of the smaller ring as it is a tad too close.
Guess how I know this. :blush:
thanks for the tip, fitted it this afternoon, 50% chance its fittted right^_^

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Are these chainrings any good or are they made of cheese? Current price at Spa seems ridiculously cheap.

And I presume they're compatible with an FSA chainset, right? (Assuming matching BCD, of course.)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Stronglight Zircal ones are very very nice indeed if you want to splash a bit more cash. I've got the Dural on the Ribble and Zircal on the best bike.

U

User482

I had the Dural rings on my commuter hack - they wore out really quickly.

gbb

Legendary Member
Durals on previous bikes, covered some quite good mileage without showing excess wear...i'd have no hesitation recommending them for the money.
Edited to say...just looked at the link, difficult to believe you'd get better value for the money. I assume so cheap because of the slightly odd combo, 46/52.

Top Bottom