Struggling to get 18" tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

White China

Hi

New here :smile:

I have a really nice Monty F20 folding bike (Spanish I think?), but am struggling to find spare tyres in South Africa where I'm based. Currently I have Kenda's: 18 x 1 3/8 (37 - 400).

Kenda distributers in SA can't (wont) help me and neither will the US suppliers.

I'd be happy with another brand and even slightly thicker tyres but the diameter is just not distributed here. Any ideas? I've tried most of the online tyre shops. Also been searching Ebay and Alibaba.

Any ideas?

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
Monty f20 folders have 20x1.50 tyres fitted according to http://www.al4bikes.com/b2c/producto/f201089/2/monty-f-20-2010-black

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Try a Google search for 'Birdy' tyres. Birdy is a Greman brand of folding bike made by Riese & Muller that runs on 18 inch wheels.

No idea about SA, but many UK online cycle places stock 18" tyres. Schwalbe are a tyre manufacturer that you could contact too, they do a range in that size.

OP
OP
W

White China

Try a Google search for 'Birdy' tyres. Birdy is a Greman brand of folding bike made by Riese & Muller that runs on 18 inch wheels.

No idea about SA, but many UK online cycle places stock 18" tyres. Schwalbe are a tyre manufacturer that you could contact too, they do a range in that size.

Hi - thank you - very useful leads those. Hopefully one of them would be willing to ship to SA.

Top Bottom