Stuck in a rut...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
I've not been on my bike for a few weeks. my fingers are so sore with the cold weather, I would have no chance if I had to fix a puncture. even if I wear heated gloves (which work ok) I would have to take the gloves off to do any on the road maintenance.
So unfortunately, its looking like I am going to garage the bike till spring.:sad:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I managed to get the chain working again yesterday afternoon. There were about 10 stiff links in all. Managed to get out and do a 35 miler today, but the winds made it an exhausting experience. I should now be able to hit my target, snow / ice permitting.

Shame about your 100 miler, but with serious winds / ice it would've been awful.
The weather was nasty today , not icey but wind driven rain made for a fun ride, managed 66 miles up into cannock chase but as you can imagine the average speed took a hammering due to the ride leaders knowing where all the hills are :sad:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think that you think about things too much, you seem to agonise over going for a ride etc, you often post status updates that give me this impression.

The weather is no big deal either!

Nearly there

Veteran
Im the opposite I have the urge to ride but since my nearly off on the ice last week and work commitments ive not ridden for 7 days my local roads are like rinks at the minute and its getting me down im turning into a right grumpy git so my wife says
Managed to fit in 30 miles yesterday got some Pr's on that damn Strava thingy:wahhey:and now feel human again

Licramite

Über Member
yea the best days for cycling all seam to be work days , my bikes tucked away till christmas. -
get an indoor cycle trainer - you can keep up the fitness - and routine going (which is most important), some find them boring but stick on your ipod some good fast tracks and burn for an hour, it will soon get you itching to get out there again. - and once you get back out there you will get the bug again.

not having the right kit is an excuse you can cycle in just about anything , other weekend I had long shorts, a rugby shirt with a fleece over the top.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I think that you think about things too much, you seem to agonise over going for a ride etc, you often post status updates that give me this impression.

The weather is no big deal either!
hahaha!! It must be a self motivating thing! i need a Personal Trainer to drag me out! I'm ok once i'm out - its just getting out! lol

Don't do the gym, i refuse to pay the silly prices to join. I thought of getting an exercise bike, but got no room. So a Turbo is out of the question too.
I envy folk who go out regardless.
As of New Year i will be a new man! There is a few Trails i have found out about, so i need to get my arse in gear and train for doing them! :thumbsup:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've got two and a half days of holiday to use up before Christmas so with the weather being nice I'm going to take this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon, that gives me a chance to get office stuff done in the morning and get out on the bike in the afternoons. Cool.

OP
OP
Gaz Vickers

Gaz Vickers

I've got two and a half days of holiday to use up before Christmas so with the weather being nice I'm going to take this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon, that gives me a chance to get office stuff done in the morning and get out on the bike in the afternoons. Cool.
Cool indeed! Lucky you - Have fun :thumbsup:
I'm stuck in work! :cry:

Top Bottom