stuck on this quizword question??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is it not just opera? Considering it's officially called "Siegfried Oper"? Or is that way too basic?

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I think if you just google something like Wagner Ring Cycle you should get all the answers. BTW the opera Siegfried was on the telly over here the other week. I had a look to see what all the fuss was about and managed to stick it out for about 10 minutes. Not a tune in sight. Crap really.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Andy in Sig said:
I think if you just google something like Wagner Ring Cycle you should get all the answers. BTW the opera Siegfried was on the telly over here the other week. I had a look to see what all the fuss was about and managed to stick it out for about 10 minutes. Not a tune in sight. Crap really.

As someone once said of Wagner, " some great moments interupted by some terrible half hours"

NickM

Veteran
Abitrary said:
Here's an interesting one... what is the main dramatic theme to 2001, A Space Odyssey?
You mean the opening sequence? It's the "Sunrise" section from Richard Strauss' "Also Sprach Zarathustra". Jolly apposite, and it wasn't nearly so well known when Kubrick chose it to accompany his images. The other choices he made for the soundtrack were spot on, too - and who had heard of Khachaturian's "Gayaneh"?

Now, come on - give us a hard one (oooer!)

NickM

Veteran
Pete said:
Sky at Night theme tune? And (1) no googling :smile:(2) it isn't one of the above.
"At the Castle Gate" from Sibelius' incidental music for Pelleas et Melisande.

The music most famously used by BBC TV for showjumping? And for ice skating?

Top Bottom