Studded tyres from Clas Ohlson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brickisred

Although the ice has gone for now (Well in Cardiff anyway) I was still on the hunt for studded tyres as wiggle order for Marathon winters is now early Jan. On Sat I was in town with the girlfriend checking out the new Clas Ohlson store that's opened, as you do!
What do I spot but studded tyres!!! They sell them in 26" mtb and 700/38 & 45 road versions for £29.99 each. Not many in stock so bought two thinking I can return them if I change my mind.
Have since read up and they don't have carbide studs just mild steel so don't last long, though you can replace them. Better than having none though.

Plus they only cost me half price as the assistant only charged me for one...ahem. When I realised I could have gone back but guess I'm not as honest as I thought I was.:blush:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Someone over at YACF mentioned these, didn't see them in the branch in Watford though.

longers

Legendary Member
I had a nosey at some in the manchester branch. Some studs didn't look well set in the tread, this could have been why they were the only pair left on display and others were fine but there were none to compare them with.

Top Bottom