Stung

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
There's me cycling along minding my own business when I suddenly feel a burning sensation just below my left shoulder blade (can still feel it now). Didn't see or feel anything before it happened, I can only assume that a wasp somehow got down the back of my tee shirt. Not one of the more enjoyable wildlife encounters on my way to work:angry:

col

Legendary Member
I know your pain,i took a shirt of the line last summer,and put it straight on,got stung under the right arm just next to me man boob,brings tears to my eyes thinking about it,but rest assured,anything of the line gets shook like hell then checked now;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Always wear a cycling top - skintight and nothing can (usually) get down there.

Had a lovely bee imprint on my sunglasses the other week after it hit me when I was doing around 20mph, and it was doing some speed the other way. Like you get when an owl hits your glass window. Only smaller. And an insect, not a bird.

I'll get me coat...

col

Legendary Member
You do know the last thing to go through that bees mind as it hit your glasses dont you? its arse.

Keith Oates

Janner
I thought it would be, AGHHH missed him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
alecstilleyedye said:
my wife got stung on her arse once commuting to work. she was wearing a nurses sort of uniform and a wasp went up her skirt, and clearly wasn't impressed :biggrin:

Oooooooo... Matron !!

(cue Sid James' filthy cackle)

xx(

wafflycat

goo_mason said:
Always wear a cycling top - skintight and nothing can (usually) get down there.

Yeah, right. That would explain why one day I had to do a mid-cycle, still on bike, strip of cycle top due to bee flying down inside cycle jersey. Not once, but twice on the same journey.

Luckily for me and the retinas of other road users I was wearing a windproof base layer under the jersey... ;)

Top Bottom