stupid bloody cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Licramite

Über Member
It must be the hot weather, I had two near misses yesterday with cyclists, not kids on bikes both had the full biz on, helmet , Lycra, nice bikes - very nice bikes.
but an obvious death wish.
first , Red lights , - traditionally you stop, not this guy, Right across my front , and I had stopped at red lights they changed , so well red on his side, I go , and emergency stop as he cuts right across my front.
does he want to die?

next a round about, you give way to the right (were not on the continent are we?), not this joker, going round the round about to go straight across, he appears on my left, now he wants to also go straight across so our paths will cross, does he think O I cocked up I will stop and let the tonne of steel go as its has right of way - no he cuts across my front ! - If I had time to think I would have run him down but I just braked instead.

I know its a pain to have to unclip and stop, but I really don't want to mess up such a nice looking bike (don't give a stuff about the knob on the seat).

admirably the cars have all been driving like nuts with this hot weather to.

I am certain my most likely knock-off scenario will another cyclist whipping across lanes without looking thinking their faster than everyone else so nobdy could possibly be there - what, me on a hybrid being faster than a roadbike??

Top Bottom