Stupid honesty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

The bastards had got the correctly issued invoice on the system but decided not to pay it and see if I would notice. They knew exactly what they were doing!
Our accountant would do exactly the same, she will only pay the invoice issued, if it's more that 1% over she will issue a dispute, if under it will be paid as per the invoice issued, I don't see anything wrong with that.

D

Deleted member 26715

Ive given them their stupid free money back :sad: :angry:
I think this goes down to if you want further work from them & what the relationship is, if it was a one-off job then I would probably have kept quiet, if as it appears to be a long standing relationship for which there will be future work, then you did the right thing.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I think this goes down to if you want further work from them & what the relationship is, if it was a one-off job then I would probably have kept quiet, if as it appears to be a long standing relationship for which there will be future work, then you did the right thing.
First time i have worked for them but they had 50 very large projects on the go in London last year and no one to do their turning or detailed joinery . I doubt i would ever get a big order from them and i wouldnt want an order for 50 windows or doors but copying 20 spindles and matching up existing mouldings suits me fine .

D

Deleted member 26715

They had a legit invoice that they chose not to pay. Hardly the same thing.
Do you know that for sure or are you just guessing, maybe a clerical error, but once advised they paid up immediately

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Honesty is the best policy, you did the right thing :smile:
Its just how i was dragged up .
They didnt even know there was a problem . Must be nice to be that rich ........ or stupid .

Top Bottom