1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid overtake

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by BentMikey, 21 Mar 2008.

1. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Had a boy racer in a clapped out car beep me and swerve at me whilst overtaking, saw this in the rearview mirror. Unfortunately the video is seriously unimpressive, and I can't see his number plate.

I'd have reported it otherwise, because there's been a number of cyclists pushed off their bikes in this bit of Kent, and at least one died.

2. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

yep, the poor fella who died was pushed off down Shire Lane. I usually cycle down there most weeekends on my Down/Cudham loop. It can be a dodgy road at the best of times. For some reason drivers really like to speed along that road. I'm not sure why, as it's a well known Cyclists road. Saturday & sunday mornings see a heck of a lot of cyclists travelling on it.

3. Trillian

Trillian New Member

:biggrin: mikey posted a tale of woe with no video footage, my entire world view has collapsed in a heap

:angry: glad to hear you're not hurt mate

4. Yeah glad you are okay mate.There are some real muppets out there.

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Shame you didn't get on your vidcam but glad to know that you were not harmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I've got a vid cam now.Oh what fun I will have with the next mobile phone comedian.Im going to put on a scottish accent as well.:thumbsup: