Stupid Tory idea about Double Yellow lines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Don't worry, it's Pickles. Civil servants will increase his medication and nudge him back towards something sensible and it'll go the way of the 80mph proposal.

I wonder how many people will end up being fined who overstay their 15 minutes while they are stuck in a queue somewhere. It might even increase the revenue from fines for some councils, couple it with fines for spitting & breathing and their on to a winner.

byegad

Legendary Member
What a load of TOSH! Totally unworkable and designed to cause mayhem on choked streets where Double Yellows are there to keep traffic moving. Talk about fiddling while Rome burns.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Its more that the high street trade is being killed off because motorists are unprepared to make the 2 minute walk from the car park.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Totally unenforceable and a waste of time, but agree it will amount to nothing and is no more than a section of politicians showing that they are 'doing something' and 'listening' to shop keepers.
I'm all for new ideas and productive ways to increase high street trade, but please keep it within the realms of common sense.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Why do people keep photoshopping Judge Pickles to make him seem so fat?
You actually have to photoshop this guy to make him look fat?. I just Googled an image of him and it's lucky that I have a widescreen monitor:whistle:. I'll bet he's one of those idlers who can't be naffed to walk anywhere as it's too much effort.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The chap who comes round every Monday to empty the doggy doo bins near my house looks just like Mr Pickles.

If this is the quality of Mr Pickle's ideas then I think he should stick to collecting doggy doo.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Round here it wouldn't make any difference; some citizens already park on pavements, double yellows and zig-zags presumably because the rules don't apply to them.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
You actually have to photoshop this guy to make him look fat?. I just Googled an image of him and it's lucky that I have a widescreen monitor:whistle:. I'll bet he's one of those idlers who can't be naffed to walk anywhere as it's too much effort.
It's more that the obnoxious f##ker is so fat, so vastly huge, such an enormous noneckahedron that it is hard to believe that he hasn't been p'shopped. It's hard to believe that his comic proportions are all his own.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Its more that the high street trade is being killed off because motorists are unprepared to make the 2 minute walk from the car park.
The idea that the economic downturn that has emptied our highstreets of shops and shoppers is the fault of double yellow lines and by extension some namby pamby pampering to cyclists safety is absolutelu laughable. Never mind the greed of the banks and the over lending for mortgages it's the yellow lines that are the problem. Well great big "phew" say I becuase it is obvious that rescue from economic oblivion is only a blow torch and a road crew away. The more yellow lines we get rid of the better the country will fare so what are we waiting for? Let's get cracking.
I wonder if single yellow lines are to blame as well and broken yellow lines. Better get rid of them just in case. And is it just lines or could it be anything yellow? Perhaps our fortunes will improve if we have a ban on bananas and daffodils and butter and The Simpsons. Oh Judge P'. Thank god you were here or we may have never realised what the problem was and been lurching from depression to depression for ever more. Give that man a f##king pie, he's earned it.

Top Bottom