Sturmey archer cable stop clamp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kins

Über Member
Any idea where you can buy one, for the rear stays, to keep the outer cable tensioned?

If I am calling it the wrong name you can see one on this video 4 seconds in, where the bare cable meets the outer cable sleeve, that clamp.

Cheers

compo

Veteran

OP
OP
Kins

Kins

Über Member
arh ok, I saw those on SJS and wondered whether they were the same thing, thanks. Pig ugly though. Anyone know where the solid block one like this bloke has come from?

compo

Veteran
arh ok, I saw those on SJS and wondered whether they were the same thing, thanks. Pig ugly though. Anyone know where the solid block one like this bloke has come from?
I am not quite with you.
Do you mean the big white part on the end of the wheel nut (see at 59 seconds) or the small clamp that is on the chainstay to lock the outer cable.

OP
OP
Kins

Kins

Über Member
I am not quite with you.
Do you mean the big white part on the end of the wheel nut (see at 59 seconds) or the small clamp that is on the chainstay to lock the outer cable.

That bit. His is a solid decent looking clamp, the ones at SJS / ebay etc look like they've been made of angle iron and a hammer. Ordered one anyway and will look for the block ones later.

Top Bottom