Sub titles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
In the middle of watching Spiral on BBC 4. It's French with sub titles. Very good it is too.

I don't speak French and can read the sub titles perfectly.
Why can't I watch it without having the sound at normal levels?

The sound was low earlier and I while I could hear the voices faintly I needed the volume up so I could hear them clearly.

Even though I only knew the odd word here and there.

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
Perhaps I have misunderstood, but I find the sound level to be much the same as other channels, and I can adjust the sound as high or low as I wish.:smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
No didnt mean that. The sound is fine. Its just that i prefer the soind up to mormsl levels even though i can't understand the language.
Listening to it on very low is just not right.

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm the exact same, it might have something to do with wanting to hear all of the sounds involved which make up as much of the programme-film than the voices.
I like the sound of the language.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
No didnt mean that. The sound is fine. Its just that i prefer the soind up to mormsl levels even though i can't understand the language.
Listening to it on very low is just not right.

So that you know who is talking. It is not just that you need to understand what is said, you also need to know who said it. So the deep-toned voice belongs to the older Detective, and the higher-pitched fast talking voice is the teenager. That's what I found/heard when watching "Wallander" in Swedish.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It gives context to the words.
Are they shouting or whispering.
Angry or sad.
You can pick this up from the sound of the voices even if you don’t understand the words.

Top Bottom