Subscription payments to access heated seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I read this, too. They don't treat their US customers like this, though. Heated seats are free there, apparently!

alicat

Legendary Member
I remember heated seats in cars. In the late 1960s. Horrid vinyl. Totally impossible to get unstuck without major pain. Avoid at all costs!

Seevio

Guru
Given that each of the options is available for a one off fee, it's no different from the current model used by other manufacturers. In some ways it is better in that you can buy the basic model car then try out upgrades before deciding whether to buy.

What is worth watching out for is when it becomes subscription only...

Expect to see aftermarket open source car operating systems appear in the near future.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Buy them in winter when needed, then deactivate during summer, likely to be cheaper than buying a lifetime subscription, if that works for you. Otherwise buy the lifetime sub, which is just like ticking the option box.

Not sure how it's materially different to the current buying model, except it's more flexible and economical for some?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If you don't like the deal you don't have to buy. This works for me.

It's quite simple really, spend the money or don't. A fool and his money is easily parted!

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
If you don't like the deal you don't have to buy. This works for me.

It's quite simple really, spend the money or don't. A fool and his money is easily parted!

But BMW go to the expense of installing the heated seats, then stop you using them.
It makes no sense.

Top Bottom