Subway or Greggs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Where out of these two places get your hard earned cash???

I'm more of the local independant sandwich shop man myself but after a certain time these places are closed so it has to be one of the other 2 for the late luncher.

I'd go for Subway overall as their sandwiches are much better but Greggs wins a vote for their steak bakes and pinapple cakes.

bonj2

Out of those two, it would have to be Subway for me. At least they have reasonable bread.
The only thing I dont' like about places like greggs is most of the things involve either pastry or cheese, both of which are inherently unhealthy.
it's a bit annoying that the only hot food place near my work is cooplands which suffers from the fact that most of the items are either pastries, or cream cakes. I suppose getting a baguette on the way in would be better. What's the smallest bike bag that can carry a baguette?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Neither! I'm an apple-a-day-for-lunch man and they are purchased from a fruit and veg stall at Hebden Bridge's weekly market. If I feel really extravagant, I might have a handful of nuts, dried fruit and seeds to go with the apple.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Don't get Greggs near me, in fact I have never seen one in real life... Are they not for those folk ooop north that like to deep fry mars bars in chip shops?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Greggs everytime, oooh their sausage rolls are glorious
For some reason I really don't like the weird smells that eminate from Subway shops.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Subway every time. Greggs seems to attract ladies of, shall we say, "nice personalities"?

longers

Legendary Member
Greggs ate my local bakery :wacko:

purplepolly

If someone held a gun to my head, I would choose subway, but not voluntarily.

As for greggs, I've not used the place since I used to walk down the back of the branch on the approach to manchester piccadilly in the mornings and regularly saw a rentokill van. The final straw was when I walked past in twilight and inadvertently stepped on a squashed deceased rat.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ive been dragged into Subway by my GF, i dont mind it in there, ill have a foot long chicken and cheese sub with either tomato or BBQ sauce on.
I dont mind it, not hugely filling though, and a tad expensive. £3.99(thats with a voucher) to get a foot long sub and a drink(which i me and my GF swear they water down)
Greggs, id get a sausage and bean melt(or 2) and a pizza slice.

But what i personally prefer much more then these, is a jacket potato place just down from work.
I can get a jacket potato, with cheese, beans and sweetcorn, and a drink for £3.60.
Much better, and alot more filling.
They give you a large spoonfull of beans, large spoonful of sweetcorn and a load of cheese, and a good amount of butter.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Neither. I would rather find an independant baker or a cafe to buy a roll or a pie. I have tried both and didn't think much of them. Just another large nationwide chain driving small local business out of business.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
wafflycat said:
Being a Geordie lass, it has to be a proper Greggs ham & pease pudding stottie. Food of the gods and they don't do stotties in their southern branches.

Waffly, please explain. What is a Stottie?

Top Bottom