1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggest me a tyre......

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by Dave 123, 25 Dec 2017.

1. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

I have a very nice Wiggle gift voucher from the in laws and I need new 27.5 tyres for my bike.
    It came with Schwalbe Rapid Robs, and they don't quite handle the wet fudge, sludgy clay on the trails of South Cambs.

After having trawled Wiggle I'm non the wiser!

Help!

2. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

I don’t have any experience of Rapid Robsbut but they look suitably chunky. If they’re not performing well try lowering or raising the pressures before looking for a replacement.

Deafie likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

I've done both. The mud is muddy round here.
    And they're wearing thin.

4. Heltor Chasca

Heltor Chasca Out-Riding the Black Dog

5. OP
    OP
    Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

Heltor Chasca likes this.
  6. meta lon

meta lon Guru

20160308_164808.jpg Hans Dampf evo snake skin front continental trail king protection rear
    The Mary is Very heavy going but grips great, mud will make it a killer.

If you go tubeless they can run at 22psi + these both roll well and work really well as a pair.
    2.2 R and 2.35 F

Wiggle are dear though

Last edited: 25 Dec 2017
    Dave 123 likes this.
  7. Northern Jack

Northern Jack Active Member

At this time of year the clays/silts/mud can have a higher moisture content and shear quite easily. Many a JCB/tractor driver will have a story to verify this. Round here, the frost last Sunday was a great help on the muddy trails

Dave 123 likes this.