Suggestion on Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Number of us are heading into retirement or are already retired. In various place I have worked with over the years with, even at an early age, retirement is frequent conversation topic due to changing policies, inflation, lifestyles etc.

Is it possible to re-title the "The Retirement Thread" to the "Retirement Banter Thread" or something similar so that other retirement topics and questions especially on more serious issues can be raised and discussed. There is another "Retirement, how much" thread managed to saved from merger due to the excellent judgement of then Mod @Spinney. I don't think any questions raised is going to be viewed by many.

Never was a fan of long running Broadchurch threads that seem to suffocates discussion on specific related issues. No issues if long running threads are topics that are narrowly defined and does not suffocate related discussions.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I believe if Dirk edits his very first post he should be able to update the title.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Considering that my 'Retirement Thread' pre dates the other one by at least 7 months; if any thread title should be changed, it's the other one.
Wait what! There’s another retirement thread? Did @Dirk forget where he left the first one?

Drago

Legendary Member
Considering that my 'Retirement Thread' pre dates the other one by at least 7 months; if any thread title should be changed, it's the other one.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I thought about this thread a few times over the past few days. I'd like to mention my feeling the current retirement thread offers a lot of valuable information and support to the regulars. Yes this is buried in thousands of daft posts and banter but don't underestimate its importance in this sense.

My real life experience of retirement is very similar. My friends all enjoy a great laugh, daft behaviour, banter and are there when one needs them.

Top Bottom