Suggestions for buying rear wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JSilver

Hi forum, new poster here and hoping for some advice so I can get back into cycling.

My brother purchased this bike from halfords last year

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes-and-classic-bikes/boardman-mx-comp-bike#tab1

Its sitting there unused and he is happy for me to have the bike rather then it rust away, but the rear wheel has damaged spokes and was thinking to buy a new rear wheel with cassette, any suggestions of where to purchase as would just be after good quality rather then top of the range, with the bike being used for occasional trips to town and the gym.

Been looking on ebay and other sites but unsure of what to purchase.

Thanks!

gbb

Legendary Member
Id take the wheel to a bike shop and see if they can replace the spokes and true it up. Might well be a cheap ish option

OP
OP
J

JSilver

Id take the wheel to a bike shop and see if they can replace the spokes and true it up. Might well be a cheap ish option

So it could be repaired, cool. Will try that first but it won't be halfords as apparently he had it repaired by halfords but problem returned so i thought the wheel was screwed.

gbb

Legendary Member
Take it to a 'proper' bike shop and let them have a look. There are no guarantees, it may be beyond repair, see what they say ?

OP
OP
J

JSilver

There are a few decent bike shops my way so hopefully the wheel can be saved as the bike is otherwise good, although the gear system is crap for the steep inclines we have.

Top Bottom