Suggestions wanted for a suspension fork with Cantilever/V-Brake posts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
As per the thread title, and needs to be for 26" wheel. I'd prefer to use cantilever brakes rather than Vs, but maybe there's nothing available with a cable hanger for cantilevers.

Thanks for any help

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Old Pace fork off fleabay?

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
As per the thread title, and needs to be for 26" wheel. I'd prefer to use cantilever brakes rather than Vs, but maybe there's nothing available with a cable hanger for cantilevers.

Thanks for any help

Canti and V bosses are the same in terms of spec (i.e. design distance from rim, typical spacing etc.). In terms of hanger some are designed to be mounted on the forks, some on the headset, chance is you can find one that works since many cyclocross bikes have one (search cantilever hanger on ebay). However cantis and normal Vs don't have the same cable pull requirement, so generally require different brake levers, in case you are unaware.

In terms of suggestion, high end forks with rim brake bosses are increasingly rare as discs dominate, however you can still get fairly decent ones, from perhaps Manitou R7 down, in terms of quality and price.

OP
OP
Smurfy

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Old Pace fork off fleabay?

Good idea! And probably just about the only option that will work with Cantis. Any idea what the ride is like from a Pace RC35?

Canti and V bosses are the same in terms of spec (i.e. design distance from rim, typical spacing etc.). In terms of hanger some are designed to be mounted on the forks, some on the headset, chance is you can find one that works since many cyclocross bikes have one (search cantilever hanger on ebay). However cantis and normal Vs don't have the same cable pull requirement, so generally require different brake levers, in case you are unaware.

In terms of suggestion, high end forks with rim brake bosses are increasingly rare as discs dominate, however you can still get fairly decent ones, from perhaps Manitou R7 down, in terms of quality and price.

If I use Cantis, won't the brakes pulse on and off with bumps if the hanger is on the headset?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Good idea! And probably just about the only option that will work with Cantis. Any idea what the ride is like from a Pace RC35?
Pace still sell elastomers. And alternative suppliers are available. As after all Pace didn't actually make the darned things just resold them to us all at a HUGE markup. As to the ride, well it ain't 2013 air fork plush but back in the day we though it great so...

and on the other hand you can get cheap, and not so/that nasty, new suntour forks with canti bosses/hangars on off fleabay from time to time too.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
If I use Cantis, won't the brakes pulse on and off with bumps if the hanger is on the headset?

Sorry my bad, just thinking about cross bikes - obviously not for suspension forks. For suspension forks many are still available which can take a readily available hanger like below.

FUEDMGDG2HE09G1.LARGE.jpg

Top Bottom