suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark1974

Hi
just received my work pack for c2w i have a specialized crosstrail from last year
going to keep this bike its great
also i am going to get a road bike on the current scheme
does anyone have any info on specialized road bikes? pros and cons
please feel free to suggest any other brand probably up to 750
so appreciate any advice

OP
OP
mark1974

mark1974

road bike.jpg
road bike.jpg

like this one

Cyclist33

if you can live with the awful color scheme, the giant defy 2 at 799 is awesome. or 680 for the Three.

the specialized allez sport gets plaudits though if you want to stay brand loyal. i saw a silver 2013 model in the bike shed at work last week. very tasty!

cannondale synapse sora if you fancy boinging around on something comfy. or if theyve got any left, evans are doing the jamis satellite comp steel road bike for 600, plenty of change left over if you wanted!

vickster

Legendary Member
Good frames and lifetime guarantee on the frames, but you do pay more for Specialized than some of the other brands for the same components - e.g. you may get a Cannondale or Cube with 10spd Tiagra but the Specialized 'only' 9spd 2300 / Sora, or an alu fork on the Specialized rather than a carbon one etc

Personally, Specialized are way too common for me to have one now, but go have a testride and see what you think...and black bikes like that one do nothing for me! That is a Secteur so a more relaxed / sportive geometry than an out and out road race bike, like the Allez. As you are going to be commuting on it presumably as is C2W, you may want to check whether it can take full mudguards, a rack, etc. That one has 2300, so the gear changing is done using the brake lever for one way and a thumb button for the other way. Tiagra (and 2013 Sora) shifts both ways off the levers

What retailers can you use for your bike?

OP
OP
mark1974

mark1974

thanks
that defy 2 looks good prefer black bikes tbh but white i am giving a second look now
the 2nd choice in budget nice looking bike also {shame not in black}

Top Bottom