Suicidal Squirrel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I've had a squirrel shoot out from the undergrowth, hit my front wheel at about 8oclock get a ride round to 12 o'clock where contact with the forks bounced it out and it ran off from where it came. Amazingly I stayed upright.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Badger when out on the mtb ..
It flew out of long corn I was cycling by..i may have let out a little eek..
There quite big when your next to them..

Loads of strikes on motorcycles..
Nothing big though thankfully..
A sparrow felt like a sledge hammer at 70..80 mph in the chest..
And a bumble bee even makes your head move at high speed

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Badger when out on the mtb ..
It flew out of long corn I was cycling by..i may have let out a little eek..
There quite big when your next to them..

Loads of strikes on motorcycles..
Nothing big though thankfully..
A sparrow felt like a sledge hammer at 70..80 mph in the chest..
And a bumble bee even makes your head move at high speed
I got hit on the helmet by a bumble bee.....must remember to zip up my shorts...

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
So far:
Blackbird flew out of a hedge straight into my front wheel and decapitated itself between the wheel and forks.
Badger hit on a night ride as it ran out from a hedge. On that occasion I suspect I came off worse as the badger was nowhere to be seen as I lay on the tarmac with a leg broken in two places.
Deer ran straight across the front of my bike last month at Tatton park, just missing the front wheel.
Squirrel seemed determined to be squished later on the same ride as the deer, as whichever way I went on the road, the daft sod ran that way instead of to the verge.
Pheasant disturbed from a hedge on my commute. A flurry of feathers and squawks as the bird somehow flew across the space above my front wheel and immediately in front of my handlebars.
And numerous stupid local cats early in the morning, which have a habit of watching me from the side of the road as a diversion from killing wildlife and then at the last moment choosing to run across the front of the bike.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Hit a cat with my front wheel once, nearly lost control but managed to stay upright, cat disappeared off into hedge on verge.

Tiger10

Über Member
I was going up a field spraying and a rambler popped out and got clobbered. I got out and told him where the footpath was and he gave me a dirty look and muttered something about bankers and staggered off without saying thanks!!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I was going up a field spraying and a rambler popped out and got clobbered. I got out and told him where the footpath was and he gave me a dirty look and muttered something about bankers and staggered off without saying thanks!!

A Rambler ? On his own ?

Did he get kicked out of his Ski-Pole Swingers club ?

johnnyb47

Guru
A good friend of mine hit a cow a few years back. He was heading down a quiet country road at full pelt when he confronted a cow that had escaped from a field. He said ,he was going that fast he had to make a snap decision as to go round the front or rear of it as he could not of stopped. He thought going round the back was the best option but unfortunately for him the cow stepped back and he ended up bouncing off its arse breaking his collar bone in the process..
We still laugh about today :-)

irw

Quadricyclist

How unusual- I would have thought a rambler would be much more likely to mutter something about daffodils...!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
So far:
Blackbird flew out of a hedge straight into my front wheel and decapitated itself between the wheel and forks.
Badger hit on a night ride as it ran out from a hedge. On that occasion I suspect I came off worse as the badger was nowhere to be seen as I lay on the tarmac with a leg broken in two places.
Deer ran straight across the front of my bike last month at Tatton park, just missing the front wheel.
Squirrel seemed determined to be squished later on the same ride as the deer, as whichever way I went on the road, the daft sod ran that way instead of to the verge.
Pheasant disturbed from a hedge on my commute. A flurry of feathers and squawks as the bird somehow flew across the space above my front wheel and immediately in front of my handlebars.
And numerous stupid local cats early in the morning, which have a habit of watching me from the side of the road as a diversion from killing wildlife and then at the last moment choosing to run across the front of the bike.
Oh deer, that must have been a very unpheasant CATastrophe, all those animals badgering you like that. :sad:

Top Bottom