Suitable ride for a 7 year old nr warrington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonathan ellis

Any one got a 10 - 20 mile flat route thats not on a road!

I guess Delamere Forest is the closest spot...?

anyone know?

I'm up in Culcheth which is North of Warrington for a few days next week

cheers

yenrod

Hi Jon,

I know Warrington fairly well.

It has main rds leading north, east, south & west - nice place, people are pretty ok !

I reckon D.Forest is about 20mls from Warrington. Which is prob. your best bet as it has quite a popularity with people doing exactly that - going there to ride.

Though I know that there is a plce called risley moss close to where you'll be which a nature reserve but not sure if ridings allowed :biggrin:

Delamere is basically mainly on 2 sides of a road - one sides got a bigger section than the other !

Your much much much better off going from the centre/culcheth to there and its a hell of lot more scenic !!! than a m/way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO THIS WAY - its just better...(thats if you go Delamere.Forest - which actually means of the 'of the mere') Also try and check out Chester - lovely place !!!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&h...1,-2.622986&spn=0.096076,0.2314&t=h&z=12&om=1

All the best !!! :ohmy:

ajc

Might be a bit late for you now, but when I'm at my parents in Culcheth I head down Holcroft Lane to Glazebrook, go over Warburton bridge and head towards High Legh where I pick up the Cheshire Cycle route (well sign posted), loads of flat, quiet, back roads and the cycle route will take you to Delamere via Great Budworth and Comberbach.

OP
OP
jonathan ellis

jonathan ellis

cheers

watch out if you go soon as warburton bridge is closed due to re surfacing

we ended up just going for a stroll around Walton Gradens as our visit was shorter than anticpated, but ta all for info.

we'll take em next time and pick one of these routes

cheers

ajc

Thanks for the shout, I'm heading to Culcheth on Saturday morning. I'll go through Warrington to Lymm. I'd forgotten about Walton Gardens, I haven't been there for years, hope its still ok, used to be nice to wander round.

yenrod

Warburton Bridge - is a nice ride..feel sorry for the car drivers though they pay !

Top Bottom