Summer Base Layers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

old bell

Does anyone wear a summer base layer vest in this hot weather we've been having. If so is there a particular one that is recommended.

yello

Yes, I have a couple and wouldn't be without them in the sorts of temperatures we've been having. Both are sleeveless, one's a TESS and the other's a DeFeet. They both work well but my fave is the DeFeet since it's just that little bit lighter to the feel. I've also got a Helly Hansen (I know, smelly Helly!) singlet but that doesn't work as well.

http://www.sigmasport.co.uk/item/DeFeet/Un-D-Lite-Sleeveless-Baselayer/QQ

BarryBonkers

Regular
Personally, I've found synthetic under-vests that incorporate a silver anti-microbial treatment to be both comfortable and non-stinky. There's an old Campagnolo vest made this way, no longer manufactured, which is my favourite. That said, under-vests don't have to be cycling specific. My second-favourite is a Patagonia Capilene silkweight baselayer.

yello

A number of my club mates wear the string vest kind of thing.

One of them is a bit rotund (shall we say) and in his bib shorts and string vest could pass for 'the only gay in the village'.

Berties

Fast and careful!
I wear sleeveless compression tops,as a base layer easy to wash and has saved my back when i have had a off,
I have a couple from lidls and a couple of skins both wear and wash the same

yello

I've been switching on to Craft stuff generally recently. I have overshoes (waterproof) and a rain jacket, both have been excellent purchases.

puffinbilly

Veteran
A number of my club mates wear the string vest kind of thing.

One of them is a bit rotund (shall we say) and in his bib shorts and string vest could pass for 'the only gay in the village'.

Love it! Actually made me laugh out loud in a packed office.....quickly having to explain to a client the humour I find in final accounts :dance:

Top Bottom