Summer base layers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Im looking for something not too expensive for everyday wear underneath my work uniform.

I normally wear a SS Tenn or Canterbury base layer but these are proving a bit too warm as they are quite thick.

Ive already ordered myself some Under Armor HG sleeveless base layers to try on which were unbeatable for £13 each but im wondering if there are better or cheaper base layers to be had for around the same price.

I'll probably grab two or three £20-30 base layers for longer rides later on but right now I need something that will do the job for commuting and maybe some general cycling.

Ive checked out wiggle, evanscycles, Merlin, Amazon & Decathlon. The Decathlon one did catch my eye as they were only a £10 but a review about the stitching put me off a little (1 out of 8 reviews) so i dont know.

Let me know what you wear anyway,

Thanks

Sharky

Guru
In warm weather - men's sleeveless vests from ASDA - two for £5

Hyslop

Veteran
You could have a look at Hi Gear s/sbases from Go Outdoors,After years of paying silly money for bases,I tried a couple of these and frankly,aside from one of the emblems peeling away(which bothers me not a jot)they have peformed really rather well for £5, each! They wash well, keep their shape and colour and are comfortable to wear,no scratchy seams or labels.Quite impressed actually.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
You could have a look at Hi Gear s/sbases from Go Outdoors,After years of paying silly money for bases,I tried a couple of these and frankly,aside from one of the emblems peeling away(which bothers me not a jot)they have peformed really rather well for £5, each! They wash well, keep their shape and colour and are comfortable to wear,no scratchy seams or labels.Quite impressed actually.

Had a look, wasnt that impressed - for £10 though its not too bad though I honestly think they're not that different from the old Nike 'Dri-Fit' shirts that i wear on hot days which means theyre still generally quite thick and too warm if worn underneath a jersey.

The Under Armor HG ones i bought work a treat though, Material is quite light/thin and i dont boil with them on under a jersey. price has gone from £13 back up to £17.32 so im waiting till they drop again.

Top Bottom