Summer Cycling gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwf

So summer's around the corner, and my newish winter gear is cleaned and packed away.

Having looked around carefully I don't seem to be able to find any kneeish length tights, yet i see people on bikes with them in town all the time. I suspect they're not wearing cycling gear but running gear. All the 3/4 length tights seem to go down to the ankle, judging by the pictures on Wiggle. For the last few days i've worn cycling shorts avec pad under knee length walking trousers. Far too much material flapping around, and not half as cool as my full length tights

One choice that would seem sensible is cycling shorts under knee length running shorts. Wear the running shorts in the chilly mornings then ditch them for the ride home.

Any ideas ?

Noodley

What about knee warmers?

Tynan

Veteran
has to be over or under the knee surely, I just got some bib shorts that are swell, well over the knee, pro cut (ahem)

plenty out there if you look I suggest

iwf said:
So summer's around the corner, and my newish winter gear is cleaned and packed away.

Having looked around carefully I don't seem to be able to find any kneeish length tights, yet i see people on bikes with them in town all the time. I suspect they're not wearing cycling gear but running gear. All the 3/4 length tights seem to go down to the ankle, judging by the pictures on Wiggle. For the last few days i've worn cycling shorts avec pad under knee length walking trousers. Far too much material flapping around, and not half as cool as my full length tights

One choice that would seem sensible is cycling shorts under knee length running shorts. Wear the running shorts in the chilly mornings then ditch them for the ride home.

Any ideas ?
I picked up a pair of "Protective" 3/4 in a lbs sale which sound more like the length you are after. I think they were Amarillo scroll down the page, they've apparently been superseded by Alassio.

OP
OP
I

iwf

Thanks for the info.

Over the knee,me thinks. Tynan, which make did you invest in?

The Allasio look perfect, but I was hoping not to spend that much.

Tynan

Veteran
Santini CX Pro Bib Shorts Royal Blue

very summer weight, very posh chammy, firmly in the cupboard at this very moment in time, three rides, three soakings

Top Bottom