Summer gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
I have a pair I bought online ten years ago, the padding gel is brilliant and very deep
I've bought others since but nowhere near as good so keep wearing these and they have well had their day.

So can anyone help me locate a pair of gloves please, fingerless, comfy with deep padding.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

mustang1

Guru
I've had two pairs of Specialized mitts (not the ones mentioned above) and both times the thread came out rather quickly which is unusual for Spesh as they are usually good quality. I've moved to Endura mitts but I think you may be looking for more padding than what is offered by Endura.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have. I just bought a third pair as they are the best I have found for my palm discomfort. I bought my first pair in 2007 and have tried others along the way but always go back to these.
You buy gloves to give you palm discomfort?

gcogger

My wife and I have both used the Specialized dual gel gloves. I've had 2 pairs because, on the first, the gel in one of the pads ended up with the gel all squashed, or rolled, into a corner of it's retaining 'pocket'. The net result is no padding in that section. The replacement pair have done exactly the same thing, so I've given up on them. Checking my wife's pair, they're starting to do the same.
Clearly this doesn't happen for everyone, though I found a number of online reviews that said the same.

vickster

Legendary Member
The only thing with the Specialized gloves is that they don't wash especially well because of the 'suede' on the palms which goes very stiff (mine need washing fairly often)!

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I bought a pair from Specialized and enjoyed how thin they felt, until I realised the gel padding wasn't very effective.

I just reach for my old FJS gloves now. Have got about 3 pairs which I bought 10-15 years ago and amazingly they're still going strong.
No suede or similar materials, so I can throw them in the wash after every ride if want to.

OH!
Yes they're still available, although if you google FJS you'll get a selection of bike wear interspersed with adult bedroom-wear!
An interesting cross-over in their marketing.

I wonder if the likes of Specialized and Castelli also do open-cro... never mind.

Top Bottom