Summer mitts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lejogger

Guru
Yes, it is officially summer although you wouldn't know it by the weather. I'm still wearing short finger mitts but who knows for how much longer...?

Anyway, i had these Altura ones and they're the comfiest I've ever owned both for fit and for padding when riding, but not only are they now discontinued, but I've also had two pairs split on me :sad:

It's a bit late in the season so should I just make do till next year, or are there any out there that will persuade me to part with my hard earned cash? Any recommendations for a fantastically well padded and light summer mitt?

The specialized BG get a lot of shouts, but is it the Comp, the Sport or the Gel that I should go for?
Or something totally different?
Or wait till next year?

Cheers

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I bought a pair of LG Zero Calorie on a whim a few weeks ago but so far so good. The stitching caused the webbing between my fingers got a bit sore 1st use, but now they are great and have used them for a few hundred mile now.

OP
OP
lejogger

lejogger

Guru
I didn't like the Gel Specialized ones I bought at not inconsiderable expense, weird little bobbles inside whcih made my hands sweaty and slippy on the bars - maybe they have changed the design now?

I bought these, work well, comfy, easy to pull on and off and £12 in store from Evans http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=23844

Note they seem to come up quite big

I think they might be a previous years version of the ones I've split, if not the very same one! Really comfy, but the first pair split after one ride, and although the second have lasted a year, it isn't really a year, it's only really 4-5 months of good weather riding. They should last longer than that.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I've been disappointed by the poor quality of Altura products and yours is just one more rider's experience to add to the list: they'll see no more of my money.

400bhp makes a good suggestion: just get some cheap ones to see you through to Winter if you are undecided and wait until Summer kit goes on sale.

However, I was browsing PBK this morning and they have plenty of choice, reduced to £10 and £20.

OP
OP
lejogger

lejogger

Guru
I used PBK the other day for some of their high 5 bottle/energy trial packs. They were great value so I'll take a peek, cheers.

I've got an old pair of Adidas climalite mitts i'm making do with at the moment. They're actually horrible but will probably see me through. I do have a big ride in a couple of weeks though and it would have been nice to have some there that I could wear with the club without looking too trampy, but it's not the end of the world if I don't.

Two weeks away, there's a good chance I'll be on waterproof winter mitts at this rate!

screenman

Legendary Member
I think these are quite nice for the price.^_^

http://www.rapha.cc/gb-gloves

Top Bottom