sun cream

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sambu

Bought some cheap factor 50 (overkill i know) from tesco and its fine, only trouble is its a bit sticky and i looked like a fly paper after my ride today! can anyone recomend any non sticky stuff that doesnt break the bank or sport specific stuff?

lukesdad

Can you come and have a quick whiz round my kitchen?:becool:

ASC1951

Guru
I use Boots own brand - Soltan - which does the job. And factor 50 isn't overkill on a bike, because one application lasts me all day with a Buff over my bald head from 11.00 to 13.00.

I use Soltan factor 50 - being red headed I burn instantly - excellent stuff at a reasonable price (well, compared to others). Once you've rubbed it in its not greasy at all. Just got back from a 48 mile and was very grateful for it today - mad dogs and Englishmen etc! Reapplied at half time just to be on the safe side.

OP
OP
Sambu

Sambu

Allthough the tesco one is only £3 so maybe its worth it, it smells nice and isnt slimy is im not sweating.

Jugular

Prosport is expensive (£14 for a big bottle) but lasts well and is unbeatable quality. Went to Egypt on a windsurfing holiday and didn't get the slightest burn. I was in the water often and sweating when not, all day, so it lasts the distance.
You can search for prosport alternatives I reckon and find something similar.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
PatrickPending said:
I was recommended this by Buggi

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/body-care/riemann-p20-sunfilter/reviews/

great stuff used it today for the first time this year.......

We used this a couple of years ago when we went Italy in August. No sun problems even though we were out in it all day even 3 hours walking round Herculaneum site plus walk from and back to station.

buggi

Bird Saviour
PatrickPending said:
I was recommended this by Buggi

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/body-care/riemann-p20-sunfilter/reviews/

great stuff used it today for the first time this year.......

Yay! was just gonna recommend this again but you beat me to it.

it bonds with the skin so lasts until, technically, that layer of skin falls off. use once a day and you can swim in it, or sweat, and it doesn't come off. i think the instructions say apply 1.5 hours before sunbathing, but i've applied it less time than that before going out on my bike. and i'm really pale and i burn by just looking at a photo of the sun!

Boots or Superdrug do it, and other chemists.

Jugular

I'll point out that P20 stinks and is no better than Prosport, they're both pretty perfect in terms of protection, stickiness and duration. They're both expensive though, I think I found Prosport cheaper in the end though.

Prosport Factor 44

Top Bottom