Sun Snipe Plus Decals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a Snipe Plus which has been in my family since c.1970 and I believe is mid-sixties in origin. Now retired I can finally afford it some attention. It is very rusty and I intend to get it re-painted (as per conversation on Dr Dave's thread). I can source most of the necessary decals from H Lloyd but they confirm they do not have the field of stars and dots that is background to the 'World Pursuit Titles' decal on the middle of the Seat Post. These stars appear to be standard as they can be seen in numerous photos of Snipes - Does anyone know if these can be sourced.Any pointers welcome.
Attached is a photo of Spokesmann's recently owned Snipe clearly showing the decal. Also some of the sad state of repair of my project.
Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• Spokesmanns Seat Post Decals.jpg
    Spokesmanns Seat Post Decals.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4433.JPG
    IMG_4433.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4435.JPG
    IMG_4435.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4438.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 40

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Unsure re decals , might be worth asking @Spokesmann ?

Looks like a nice machine and good luck

carpenter

Über Member
Very long shot - Cyclomondo? I doubt this though.

Another possibility, ask @Spokesmann whether he would be willing to supply a close up photo and dimensions of the original then ask H Lloyd again whether he could make a one off copy?

It is a very lovely decal, back in the day when decals were proper ^_^

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Very long shot - Cyclomondo? I doubt this though.

Another possibility, ask @Spokesmann whether he would be willing to supply a close up photo and dimensions of the original then ask H Lloyd again whether he could make a one off copy?

It is a very lovely decal, back in the day when decals were proper ^_^
Try H Lloyd Cycles

OP
OP
T

Tony Whizz

Try H Lloyd Cycles
Thanks for replies. Cyclomondo and H Lloyd do not stock the stars so I will be discussing a bespoke template with H Lloyd. I think it strange this decal is not available - I see it on a number of Snipe pictures on Google. Ho hum it may come down to price (if I can ever get the frame to a restorers)!

Top Bottom