Sunday dinner.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs P did the deed.She had a word with her brother in law,who was a chef in the RAF.She also went on to Google and got some tips,we had superb Yorkshire puddings.One extra egg and less milk did the trick.I thought I would keep out of the kitchen you dont question the chef.All is well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Add in some oil in the mix.

Hhmmm

I presume this is with beef - which is fine

anything else is just a carvery trying to fill up the plate with cheap things so you don't want more stuff that costs money

and DO NOT even go there with Yorkshires with Christmas Dinner

but basically sounds like good Yorkies

vickster

Legendary Member
I very much like Yorkshire puddings...but I no longer eat meat. I had a couple of Aunt Bessies with Linda Mc sausages the other day :becool: (a deconstructed veggie toad in the hole :laugh:)

Previous Yorkshire’s and roast trimmings were with eaten with pan fried Hake (rest of family had lamb ;) )

vickster

Legendary Member
In that case you can eat a whole tin of Yorkshire pud on your own... over two days, obviously, what\'s not to like!
I’m also sort of meant to be on a diet :laugh: they were in the freezer though

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I batch cook my Yorkshires - they are not as amazing when reheated, but it saves a time and effort. Regarding the eating of Yorkshires with Christmas dinner, my relatives from Leeds demand that I cook them each Christmas, the venue does not matter and I don't have to do much else during the day but I have to provide them. I even take my own pans when travelling.

we were watching the "Somebody Feed Phil" Netflix show the other day & Wifey & Daughter liked the episode in South Korea. Wifey did up a dish from one of the recipes. we liked it with varying degrees, Wifey liked it the least. but I commend her for trying something new. at least she didn't go for the squirming dead octopus dish!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Hhmmm

I presume this is with beef - which is fine

anything else is just a carvery trying to fill up the plate with cheap things so you don't want more stuff that costs money

and DO NOT even go there with Yorkshires with Christmas Dinner

but basically sounds like good Yorkies
We always had beef for Xmas so...

Anyway, the whole point of Yorkshire pudding is that it is a cheap way to fill up your plate, that's the 'Yorkshire' part. But at the carvery where I once worked you got Yorkshire's with beef, stuffing with turkey and crackling with pork. No mixing and matching. You want Yorkshires with turkey? Tough, that's weird and wrong and you can't have it. We only made enough to go with the beef dinners and that's the way it is.

On a side note, and I see there's another thread as well, do people really have trouble making Yorkshire puddings? It's the easiest thing in the world. Batter, hot fat, pour it in and leave until it's done. Honestly, roast dinners are a piece of piss, I don't know how some people get so worked up over them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom