England : London Sunday London Ride - Ghost Signs Edition - 12 July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
A gentle tour around some of the better 'ghost' signs in London. Mileage is to be confirmed when I've worked out a route, but it'll be similar to a regular SLR and at a similar pace, so suitable for all-comers. We'll leave HPC at 9.30am and end up at a cafe somewhere central. There could be other cafe stops too.

Anyone interested?

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Yep!
It's always nice to see a ghost sign.
Gail & I went to The Geffrye Museum today, I noticed a large ghost sign on the building next door but by the time we came out I forgot to check it out.

Tim Hall

I know little of these ghost signs of which you speak. Are these defunct street signs, faded adverts on gable ends or pieces of A4 saying "Timothy Claypole, this way"?

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
I know little of these ghost signs of which you speak. Are these defunct street signs, faded adverts on gable ends or pieces of A4 saying "Timothy Claypole, this way"?
Faded adverts mostly - there are quite a few surviving if you have the time to seek them out.

U

User10571

The eyebrow of interest has been raised....
A note has been made in the diary....

OP
OP
rb58

rb58

Enigma
And I'll probably throw in one of London's most interesting streets - one you are unlikely to have ridden along, or ever will.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And I'll probably throw in one of London's most interesting streets - one you are unlikely to have ridden along, or ever will.
I think I've seen most of the ghost signs south of the river and a fair few north but the challenge of finding an unridden street has got me very interested. I've done thousands of unlikely London streets that I've only ridden because they were there but I hadn't ridden yet. I'm up for this.

Top Bottom