England : London Sunday London ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
Back in the day, quite a few of us CycleChatters used to meet at Hyde Park Corner on a Sunday and wander randomly around London, sometimes out west to Richmond Park, sometimes east to Fat Boys or the View Tube. Indeed there are five hundred pages of such wanderings right here in this very thread.

I’m thinking it would be good to do it again. Nothing too far, nor too fast, no Lycra required. But just a chance to catch up, see how much older we’ve all got, and share a coffee and some tall tales together somewhere.

So, I’ll be at HPC at 9.30am on Sunday 10 September aiming to roll away at 9:45 in a random direction.

No list, no registration, just turn up if you fancy it.

Hopefully see you there.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Not sure the ferry runs on the weekend, Fatboy's is closed. In the words of MJ "I'll be there"

rb58

Enigma
Well, seven of us turned up and we pottered around town in a very random fashion for a few hours, not getting lost (honest), and ending up at The View Tube for beer and snacks. Great to see @Mark Grant, @ianrauk, @Trickedem, @topcat1 looking as dapper as ever, @GetFatty, and @Nick Saddlesore.
We should do it again soon.
IMG_3649.jpeg

GetFatty

Über Member
Well, seven of us turned up and we pottered around town in a very random fashion for a few hours, not getting lost (honest), and ending up at The View Tube for beer and snacks. Great to see @Mark Grant, @ianrauk, @Trickedem, @topcat1 looking as dapper as ever, @GetFatty, and @Nick Saddlesore.
We should do it again soon.
View attachment 705964

I’m convinced we were lost at one point before Lincoln’s Inn Fields.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
It was a really good day. Meandering around London Town , we saw a "Young Lady" on a very old bike 100 years + . I've got a video of Ian and I talking as we rode along it's a nice clip but there's so much swearing I can't post it. Did anyone see Ian's shoes? blinding.

As we came out the Greenway I was stuck at those lights for 5 minutes so made my way to opposite City Airport and then home.

GetFatty

Über Member
It was a really good day. Meandering around London Town , we saw a "Young Lady" on a very old bike 100 years + . I've got a video of Ian and I talking as we rode along it's a nice clip but there's so much swearing I can't post it. Did anyone see Ian's shoes? blinding.

As we came out the Greenway I was stuck at those lights for 5 minutes so made my way to opposite City Airport and then home.

Swearing? We were the very image of decorum. Apart from Ian’s shoes obviously. But then your matching top, gloves and socks were worrying

Top Bottom