Sunday meals can be boring.................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
However, I've been left in charge..............

So

Small piece of topside. Tricky because it's small. Treat it like sirloin and roll it mustard and flour. Seal in a pan. Oven at 220 turned down to 150 wrapped in foil . Seal potatoes in residual oil from beef to give them colour and transfer to oven. Core parsnips, sear in redcurrant and soy and put in separate tray in oven. Brussel sprouts - hmm not my favourite, but shred, blanch, add cumin and plain flour, and cook as crispy fritters. Keep vegetable water and all residual frying juices for the gravy.

TVC

Cod and chorizo stewed in tomatoes and served with patatas (no bravas sauce 'cos that bit is covered by the stew), and garlic mayo, made with smoked garlic. Definitely not boring.

Ditto. Spent much of yesterday baking and cooking for guests/friends so, as a reward Chrissie's gone to pick me up a takeaway; beef badsahi and pilau rice.
Hey there, as a complete aside...I grew up in Stalybridge (not a million miles from Hayfield)...didn't cycle before I moved away...looking back, I'm thinking it would be challenging - even going off my estate, I'd hit big hills!

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Have just pierced foil for a quick beef glaze on the potatoes. Get the beef out to rest. Crank up the oven for the Yorkshires and the Brussel Sprout fritters - ahem I've found it easier to do them as a rosti.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Can't beat a Butlins' carvery. No poncy faffing about and no poncy life history of the food on the plate.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've just had a couple of rounds of mature cheddar and beetroot doorsteps for my tea. Did I mention that I liked beetroot? :hungry:

Proper food, none of that poncy @rich p stuff xx(......and you don't need an extractor fan hood thing to prepare it.
I'm not going to tell what culinary delight I've just had but suffice to say that it included roasted beetroot:thumbsup:

Top Bottom