Sunday morning aggression

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
magnatom said:
Ah, I've done judo since I was 8 years old, and was of the competitive ilk rather than kata. I retired last year due to knee problems (3 ops!).

I've seen judo in action, on the street, and it is very powerful. But one thing that was always drummed into me was that it was to be used only as a last resort, and never in attack.

Agreed, I probably did the Judo at 8 or so as well and I can still remember being told to run as a first resort.

JiMBR

For those of you who don't know him...put Baz Rutten into YouTube...he can teach us a thing or two. :evil:

Crankarm

Guru
magnatom said:
I never understand bragging about doing a martial art. By doing so you have lost the biggest advantage, surprise. That and you more likely to get a kickin'!

Well you've now blown your cover ................ ;)

You're all missing the obvious reason why this character was so agitated, he was (whisper it) ginger! ;)

Bloke obviously had other things on his mind and decided that Mags should bear the brunt of his temper. Not an uncommon human reaction but not one to be encouraged, condoned or, unfortunately, reasoned with.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I do Shotokan karate, took it up when I was 10 due to bullying, once I hit black belt the bullying wasn't a problem. It is 1 thing knowing martial arts, its totally different being able to use it in self defence.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I've watched some Bruce Lee films, so I'll just copy him if I ever get in a fight. How hard can it be? ;)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
gaz said:
just kick a street lamp like Tony Jaa and the will run home crying -

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7rDDwyFzF4

it can't be that hard.

Piece of piss. :laugh:

Top Bottom