England : Tyne and Wear Sunderland Clarion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephyt

may have been tempting if I still lived in washington lol

Lynnderella

No girls??!! Might have to change this!! My friend and I are getting back into cycling (after 25 years without wheels!). Mainly leisure rides, with a cake stop of course, and I commute a 6 mile round trip as often as poss. Not massively confident or fit, but its coming!

stephyt

No girls??!! Might have to change this!! My friend and I are getting back into cycling (after 25 years without wheels!). Mainly leisure rides, with a cake stop of course, and I commute a 6 mile round trip as often as poss. Not massively confident or fit, but its coming!
we could have made our own begginers one up lol ;) x

Steven bates

Hi Sunderland clarion
Been cycling just over 6 weeks now , really enjoying it would really like to ride out with other people maybe some time next year early spring time , when I hope to be riding clip less , I have never rode in a group so would be a bit wary , not wanting to slow group down etc
Just a few questions
How many people ride out
What speed do you avg
How far is a typical session if there is such a thing
Hope to here from you and one day ride out with your group
All the very best steven

OP
OP
addictfreak
Hi Sunderland clarion
Been cycling just over 6 weeks now , really enjoying it would really like to ride out with other people maybe some time next year early spring time , when I hope to be riding clip less , I have never rode in a group so would be a bit wary , not wanting to slow group down etc
Just a few questions
How many people ride out
What speed do you avg
All the very best steven

Hi Steven

The club has a wide range of members of all abilities, so there is pretty much something for everyone. We have a few different ride options wish are hopefully designed to cater for all those abilities.
There is a ride on a Saturday morning for riders like yourself who are new to riding, usually 30-40 miles at a sedate pace between 12-15 mph. Always involves a coffee stop and no one gets left behind.

Sunday offers a couple of options. The normal club run with will vary in length between 60-90 miles at around 15-16 mph. Again no one gets left behind and it has the usual coffee stop
The other ride is for those riders who like to be a little faster around 18-19 mph, it could be a non stop ride and if you get dropped you may have to find your own way!

You may also find ad hoc rides being organised by members through the week. The best thing is to join the forum and see what's happening. www.sunderlandclarion.org.uk/forum

Depending whereabouts you are in Durham you might want to check out other clubs as well. Ferryhill wheelers, Cestria Cycle Club (Chester le Street), Houghton CC.

Lynnderella

Hi Sunderland clarion
Just a few questions
How many people ride out
What speed do you avg
All the very best steven
Hi Steven,
Have you looked on the GoSkyRide website? They organise local rides, for groups of all abilities. I have participated in a few breeze rides (for the ladies!), they are well planned, usually with a cake stop! You can also find buddies in the area to team up with.
Happy cycling x

Lynnderella

Hi Sunderland clarion
Just a few questions
How many people ride out
What speed do you avg
All the very best steven
http://www.goskyride.com the link x

Steven bates

Hi Steven

The club has a wide range of members of all abilities, so there is pretty much something for everyone. We have a few different ride options wish are hopefully designed to cater for all those abilities.
There is a ride on a Saturday morning for riders like yourself who are new to riding, usually 30-40 miles at a sedate pace between 12-15 mph. Always involves a coffee stop and no one gets left behind.

Sunday offers a couple of options. The normal club run with will vary in length between 60-90 miles at around 15-16 mph. Again no one gets left behind and it has the usual coffee stop
The other ride is for those riders who like to be a little faster around 18-19 mph, it could be a non stop ride and if you get dropped you may have to find your own way!

You may also find ad hoc rides being organised by members through the week. The best thing is to join the forum and see what's happening. www.sunderlandclarion.org.uk/forum

Depending whereabouts you are in Durham you might want to check out other clubs as well. Ferryhill wheelers, Cestria Cycle Club (Chester le Street), Houghton CC.
Hi there
Thank you very much for your reply , really appreciate it , sounds really good and something I would like to try next year once I am more confident on my bike my max none stop ride to date is 42 mile at an average 15 mph but would be nice to have a bit company
Many thanks and hope to ride with you and your group in the near future
Steven

Steven bates

Hi Steven,
Have you looked on the GoSkyRide website? They organise local rides, for groups of all abilities. I have participated in a few breeze rides (for the ladies!), they are well planned, usually with a cake stop! You can also find buddies in the area to team up with.
Happy cycling x
Hi there
Oh , I totally new to thus so wasn't aware of this , many thanks for that , I will have a look at that
Cheers

Top Bottom