Sunglasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

So what you are saying is you have spent 130 quid on glasses that might not be fit for the purpose you bought them (to wear them all the time).

Your right you better hide that receipt!
cool.gif

LOL! :biggrin: As long as they fit they will do the business, certainly during the summer months. Not too bothered about the winter, but it would be a nice bonus if they were ok. I did read a review somewhere that suggested that they should be fine at night.:smile:

P.S. They were just over £100 not £130! :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

How quick do they change nowadays? I had some reactolite specs many years ago and the things took ages to work. Keep seeing 'Tyler Farrar, sprinter of team garmin transistions', (seen it too many times) ride out of his garage with instantly reacting specs and wondering.

I think they take a few seconds to darken, but a minute or so to lighten, apparently.

ChrisKH

Guru
Realise it's a bit late, but I use Bolle Contour Metal safety glasses. Wraparound, anti-fog, anti-scratch, impact resistant, unbreakable with an identical bridge system to the Rudy specs and all for under a tenner delivered. Microfibre cloth bag as well.

bolleaspx.jpg

Aye. You can't beat 'em for cost and they fit my head perfectly. You do eventually scratch them but they then provide a ready supply of safety glasses for the garage which I use when cutting, making bonfires, etc.

e-rider

crappy member
You're looking at up to 2 minutes to fully adapt to a different light level - lets hope you're in that tunnel for a little while!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

You're looking at up to 2 minutes to fully adapt to a different light level - lets hope you're in that tunnel for a little while!

Aye, it's fairly well lit anyway. It's a reasonable length!

Just got them today and they are very nice and are easy to adjust and fit. I was shocked today when the sun made an apperance, so I quickly took the glasses out to see what happened. It did literally change from clear to dark in seconds! The other way was longer, but I knew that would be the case.

They are also clear enough to use at night. They are little different from the clear lenses I have for my dhb glasses. B)

Norm

I've got a pair of Specialized Uracos with Adaptalite lenses, bought of a forum member a few months back, and I love them, even wearing them on a recent night ride. B) I'd recommend them to anyone. :thumbsup:

I tend to cycle more in my normal glasses rather than my sunglasses mainly because they are reactolite. Its one less thing to worry about (will it be too dull for sunnies, etc). I like them although there not quite as fast changing as advertised i.e walking into a dark pub from the sunny outdoors sometimes you have to pause for second or two, and not just because its my round ;)

BenScoobert

At the moment I have some DHb triple lens sunglasses. I must admit I am a bit fed up with them as I need to keep pushing them back onto my nose as I cycle along. So can anyone recommend some decent triple lens sunglasses? I'm looking to spend up to about £70.

I know it is best to try before you buy, but with 3 kids etc, I just don't have the time to tour the bikes shops, so recommendations would be appreciated!

I use ray-ban aviators, I didn't buy them for cycling, but they do a good job, nice seal around the face and keeps the wind out of your eyes.
I wear rigid contact lenses and its good for keeping my eyes from drying out and debris. The tiniest bit of muck in my eye and I have to stop and clean the lens.

Fiona N

Veteran
I use ray-ban aviators, ..

Aren't these glass lenses - if so, very iffy to wear on a bike.

I stick to Oakleys - ignore the hype, they're just the best :biggrin: The orange lens is good for most conditions in the UK from nighttime (OK car headlights look like you're in1970's France) to bright sunlight. But with most models are easy enough to swop the lenses. And they're absolutely bullet proof. But the biggest plus for me is the fit - M frames, especially just fit so well, you put them on and forget they're there - no constant pushing them up onto the bridge of the nose or adjusting the earpieces because they're poking holes in you (Bolle glasses with the wrap-around earpieces used to be the worst for this on my head)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I bought some of the PBK glasses after I accidentally strayed into the 'found a bargain' section of this forum. Again! My favourites though are a £5 pair of Bolle safety glasses.

I find those react to light glasses really off putting when you're talking to someone wearing them - makes you look like a loony IMO.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I find those react to light glasses really off putting when you're talking to someone wearing them - makes you look like a loony IMO.

No change there then! :wacko::smile:

I have to say I love the glasses. Fit like a glove and I forget they are there (apart from the rain drops on them :sad:).

Top Bottom