Sunrise and Snowdrop Express: 18th Feb 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Sunrise Express and Snowdrop Express Audaxes

.... the Audax that always sells out!:rolleyes:

You were told here on CycleChat first. This Beacon event always sells out well in advance of the closing date (yep, that sounds like marketing hype but it is true).

The Sunrise and Snowdrop will help you blow out those winter cobwebs, get some winter training or merely enjoy a leisurely ride through the crisp and hopefully sunny weather. The routes start at Hartlebury in North Worcestershire and head off to circuit the Vale of Evesham

This is a popular audax with around 240 riders and only one of a few at this time of year. So make sure you book a place as soon as you can, you can do this online and for only £7 (£5 for AUK, BC or CTC members).

Full Details:

http://www.beaconrcc...ress/index.html

The Events - Saturday 18th February 2012

Our two events, the Sunrise Express and the Snowdrop Express, are both 123km in length and they follow the same route, but travelling in opposite directions. The start times are staggered as follows to give riders a choice and to ease congestion at the HQ.

Sunrise Express. 08.30. 123km clockwise

Snowdrop Express. 09.00. 123km anti-clockwise

How to Enter

Via Paypal from the AUK & Beacon RCC website or by downloading the snail mail entry form from AUK.

The Route:

Resized to 63% (was 640 x 867) - Click image to enlarge
express_map.jpg

NB. Muggins, Philip Whiteman has also agreed to host the Kidderminster Killer along with a brand new 120km audax next year too on 18th August 2012.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I did the Snowdrop this year. Great ride mostly on quiet roads. Well organized , easy to follow route sheet. Would recommend it.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Would recommend the coffee cake at the Evesham stop.
Great start to the cycling year.
Will be on it, unless it clashes with ski-ing.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Probably going on hols that date and will know shortly. If not I will get it booked, good fun last year. As I recall, it was your and my longest ride at that time :smile:

Martin

OP
OP
Philip Whiteman

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Sorry, the event is now full to capacity with over 250 riders. The reserves list is also full and no entries will be accepted on the day. How the poor cafe will cope with so many be people will be interesting :scratch:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Right, keeping an eye on the weather, and mindful of the fact that I haven't been able to put in the training that I put into this event last year, but anyone else on here doing this one next weekend?

172traindriver

Legendary Member
Another well organised event , thanks to Philip and all at Beacon RCC . Yes that was a nasty little hill at the end ! Weather was errm interesting to say to the least as well ..

Did you see the little joke halfway up that hill (pig hill). The sign stuck in the ground saying 'Nasty Little Hill' someone was having a good laugh.

We left the cafe at Evesham and it was raining, as we went over the bridge one of the lads punctured. As he was fixing it the heavens really opened up.

Funny thing the weather forecast was spot on, 9am - cloudy, 12pm - heavy rain, 3pm - sunny.
The sun came out for the last 20 miles and it was lovely when we got back to Hartlebury.

Top Bottom