Suntour VX rear mech or same series similar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking for a Suntour VX rear mech for a rebuild in progress. With luck, someone may have one in their bit box? I think any of the VX series would fit, but the one pictured is the one I'm trying to replace (the cage is broken on the old one :becool:).

Hoping to avoid Ebay! :becool:

bagpuss

Guru
I have new ones for £15 or used for £3.+postage. Do you need long or short cage?
Ps I also have loads of other NOS Suntour spares. Double levers £5,rear blocks £10,front£8 and rear mechs from £10 depending on the model.

Cyclista

Hmmm, that was weird!
Anyway, Bagpuss do you have a 6 speed freewheel by any chance, last thing I need to get my Evans back on the road.

Cyclista

Nice! Erm, I think it's a 12-19 on there at the moment but would like a bit more range than that if possible. 13-24 or somewhere around there.
Thanks.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just stumbled across this thread looking for bits for my new fixie...I have a 6-speed Shimano block if that's what you really want - 14-28, unused. I think I paid £15 for it - you can have it for £10 + post. I never used it because right after buying it I found I could use a 7-speed instead...is there any particular reason you want a 6 rather than 7? Given the choice, I'd go for the 7 every time.

Cyclista

Swee'pea99, is that a screw on block?? I'm going for the 6 over the 7 because that's whats on there at the moment and I don't want to start changing stuff around as I have managed to all the origional components so far and would like it to be "as new" as it were! If it is a screw on one I'll take it.

Bagpuss, if the one See'pea has is not a screw on then I'll have the 7 speed off you, and just put up with the "that bike wasn't 14 speed comments"!

Top Bottom