Superbowl XXXBGDDHEEIIIII

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
Rob S said:
I'm sure people think very similar about the Tour de France and I'm sure we all think they're rather dumb too.
You are right about basketball though.

I was trying to reply to the Bikeradar version of the derogatory Super Bowl thread but the forums been playing up for a few days...so I'll post in here instead.

Yet another former massive fan here, first Super Bowl I saw was XX though sadly like a large number of people drifted away from it as the game was dumped by Channel 4 (like the TdF) after a variety of presenting styles...from Horne to Frank Gifford...to the 'Vicious Boys'....to Mick Luckhurst. Channel 5 took over and used to show a game every week but not the Super Bowl. Not a huge fan of the BBC presentation mainly because of the anchor man but Mr Carson is a great loan from Five.
Wandering back every couple of years is quite an eye opener as the way the NFL is run you don't get total domination for years on end like say the Premiership and one time you see the Buccaneers are a regular 4-12 team and then you come back a few years later and they've won the Super Bowl. Some of the most exciting sport I've seen on telly have involved last second game winning TD drives by John Elway and the Broncos...great stuff!!

As for the game last night, bloody brilliant and loved the 100yd interception TD return!!

I too started watching in the 80's as a little kid and gave up when the coverage went downhill. I even played for a few years in my teens.

What I would really like to see is something I've been going on about for years: Monday night football. It's a tradition in the US to have one game that is played on a monday night, so why not just take one of the 'early hours of monday morning' games and show it at 7pm on Monday evening?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
I would have stayed up to watch it had I not been suffering from the lurgy, but at least this thread has opened my eyes to the joys of snow shovel racing! Here's a better explanation. Keep your eyes peeled for the toilet!

Top Bottom